Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:05:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing, Burst Pages and sh=true

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:

> [..snip..]
> JetDirect Printer Hub Printers  working fine.  The documents print proper=
ly,
> even through Samba.  My only problem is this.  After every print job, I g=
et
> the "burst page".  I've read about what this page is and that it's enable=
> by default because of sh=3Dfalse.  I've read that all you have to do to n=
ot
> have this page print is put the option sh=3Dtrue.  Now, I honestly can't
> figure out why in the name of all that is holy, this option is enabled by
> [..snip..]

Well, the JetDirect interfaces I know are by default configured to print a
banner page by themselves. Maybe you should telnet to your JetDirect and
set banner to 0?

Pardon, if you already did so, but just to make sure ...

Regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg