Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:55:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <matthias.apitz@oclc.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/132722: [ath] Wifi ath0 associates fine with AP, but DHCP or IP does not work

--56599777-302749604-1237308518=:51892

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Tuesday, March 17, 2009 a las 10:39:32AM +0000, Bruce Simpson escribió:
>
>> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>>> as requested the output of dmesg(1) and the ath0 related part of
>>> 'pciconf -lv'; pls note also that the Wifi works fine in general,
>>> i.e. with the AP in my office (WPA) and in my home (WEP);
>>>

>> Is this an ASUS Eee PC? If so, which model is it? It looks like a
>> 901.
>
> It is an Asus EeePC 900, not the 901.
>
>> I tested OK with the 701. Sam said that there may be models of ath(4)
>> requiring further changes to be back-ported from -CURRENT, this could
>> well be one of them.
>
> as I said the Wifi works in all places, but not with this special AP
> (while a Nokia cellphone can associate and DHCP without problems);
>
> let me know if you need more info;

Is the AP made by Aruba Networks?

On RELENG_7, I needed a newer version (v0.5.11 instead of v0.5.10) of
wpa_supplicant for it to associate correctly.  With v0.5.10, I could see
DHCP requests from my laptop but no responses.  This is the patch I am
using currently:
http://people.freebsd.org/~scf/wpa_supplicant-0.5.11-RELENG_7.patch

Note:  sam@ updated HEAD to v0.5.11 then to the v0.6.x series.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org
--56599777-302749604-1237308518=:51892--