Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:34:39 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'danville@hotmail.com'" <danville@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: login sessions

There is an option in the kernel config named "pty" and it's the number of
virtual terminals that are available.  If this were set to "16" for example,
you could only have 16 virtual terminals at a time, which are what remote
logins use.  This would have no effect on the console.

This would require a re-compile of the kernel.

If you're looking to limit logins on a per user/class basis, you may want to
take a look at /etc/login.conf

I'm not sure this is the solution you're looking for, but I hope it helps.

-Chris