Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:11:17 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP-change

On 2003-02-20 04:30, Mark <admin@asarian-host.net> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> > This is more likely to be a setup problem on your end,
>
> Well, the rest of the world has no problem with it. :) All mail
> servers around the globe I receive mail from, picked up on the DNS
> change within several days; '/var/log/maillog' on the old server is
> now only filled with mail from the FreeBSD list.

The new name seems to work fine, as far as DNS is concerned.  The
following output is from hub.freebsd.org, the mail server of the
FreeBSD.org domain.

: hub> host asarian-host.net.
: asarian-host.net has address 194.109.160.70
: asarian-host.net mail is handled (pri=10) by
: anonymizer.asarian-host.net
: asarian-host.net mail is handled (pri=20) by mail.asarian-host.net
: hub> host anonymizer.asarian-host.net
: anonymizer.asarian-host.net has address 194.109.160.70
: hub> host mail.asarian-host.net
: mail.asarian-host.net has address 194.109.160.70
: hub> host 194.109.160.70
: 70.160.109.194.IN-ADDR.ARPA domain name pointer mail.asarian-host.net
: hub>

> The old IP was 216.122.74.112. My old DNS host still has a PTR for
> the old IP address, though. Maybe that could be it? I just asked
> them to remove it, just in case.

This one doesn't resolve from hub.freebsd.org.

Even if it hadn't before, the mail server of FreeBSD.org has picked up
the DNS changes.  Do you still have problems with mail?

- Giorgos