Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 01:12:10 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        marcus@mail01.redcentre.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: security check output

marcus@mail01.redcentre.com wrote:

> mail01 kernel log messages:
>  Hi - would anybody be able to explain to me whats happening here
> (and what I should do to fix it)?
>
>> e: table is full

Others have commented on the arp messages, so I'll just mention this.
That's likely to be the tail end of "file: table is full", which means
that you had too many files open at once, and a request to open another
file failed. If this was a one off error, you may be able to forget
about it, but if it happens repeatedly, I'd suggest you bump up maxusers
in your kernel since it may be causing problems. (Not *too* high though,
I gather that can cause problems. Anything up to 128 should be safe.)

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and