Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:46:51 +0100
From:      "George Barnett" <george@alink.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   preferred raid controller

Hi,

I'm building a syslog server with some regular scsi disk shelves hanging off
the back and I'm looking for a recommenedation on a raid controller.  I
currently have a (old) dpt smartcache iv, but it doesn't seem to have much
in the way of management tools (I found it in a cupboard somewhere :).

I dont need speed, but I'm after reliability and control (monitoring tools
would be great too).

What are the current favourites out there?

(please cc me as I'm not subscribed)

Many thanks,

george

--

George Barnett, Scsa
Reality Engineer

eml: george@alink.co.za
gsm: +44 778 884 7205
www: www.alink.co.za

Broad-mindedness, n.:
 The result of flattening high-mindedness out.