Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:50:34 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problems with buildworld on RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE

On 10/03/01 08:46 AM, Kent Stewart sat at the `puter and typed:

> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> >
> > Hey folks.  Yesterday I upgraded my work desktop to
> > RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE, and built the kernel with exactly 0 hitches.
> > Pretty slick.
> >
> > Last night, I did a cvsup on my home machine to the same tag, and
> > tried the following
>
> Did you upgrade cvsup to version 16.1d or 16.1e? There is a bug in cvsup
> that affects runs made after 9 Sep 2001. See
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/. You can grab cvsup-16.1e.tgz and
> install it as a package. It will not accept a connection from a server
> running a buggy version.
>
> Kent

# /usr/local/bin/cvsup -v
CVSup client, GUI version
Software version: REL_16_1p1
Protocol version: 16.1

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Kime's Law for the Reward of Meekness:
  Turning the other cheek merely ensures two bruised cheeks.