Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:35:13 +0200
From:      Richard Mace <macerl@telkomsa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to build VLC port

> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:49:06 +0100
>
> Bernt Hansson <bernt@bah.homeip.net> wrote:
> > Richard Mace:
> > > ===>  vlc-1.0.3_4,3 is marked as broken: doesn't build with dirac.
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >

> > > I tried a
> > >
> > > # make config
> >
> > Try make rmconfig
>
> You also need to remove the dirac package if it's already installed.

Thanks for the hint. Actually, you don't need such a drastic measure, it
seems.

I looked into the Makefile and found:

.if (defined(WITH_DIRAC) || exists(${LOCALBASE}/lib/libdirac_decoder.a)) &&
!defined(WITHOUT_DIRAC)
BROKEN=         doesn't build with dirac

I did a

# make  -DWITHOUT_DIRAC

and it seems to be building.

As I type this I see confirmation of the solution above from Warren Block
(Thanks!)

-Richard