Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:32:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Revisited "Re: NIS, no luck :-("

Well...

I've got NIS running. If there is a response I seem to have missed,
I've got some of my mail lost on one of three machines (as part of
the adventure).

Fatigue... Seems that I put the _entire_ host and domaine name in
the file ypservers, _or_ it didn't like the syntax I used for the
NIS token line (+). I fixed both and now it runs... but

ypserv cores with a signal 11, maybe after failed DNS lookups?
Other than one or two of those there is nothing in the message log.
It does this after running 1 hour or so then in the second instance,
about 2.5 hours. Mostly idle with fetchmail running in the background.

I think this isn't so obvious. Any deas?

Thanks again!

John