Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:55:26 -0400
From:      Robert Dormer <rdormer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sleep in startup script never wakes up

Hello all,

I have a shell script that I've put in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d
directory of a box to do some fscking when needed.  The script is
straightforward, there are not any complicated control structures or
anything like that.  However, at one point it had a sleep statement in
it that would go to sleep, but when the required number of seconds
elapsed, it wouldn't wake up again.  I've since rewritten the script
to not require it, but I was wondering what's up with that?  Is this a
known problem?