Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 19:54:30 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@columbus.rr.com>
To:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with make world (Sunday)

Garrett Rooney wrote:

> > 4. Tried to do cd /usr/src;make buildkernel
> >  error: no such target
>
> did you try 'make buildkernel KERNEL=MYKERNEL'?

No, no ... it complainded that buildkernel was not a valid target- not
that MYKERNEL was not a valid target.
I tried both what show here and what you suggested.
(I abbreviated some things in this email for simplicity)

One way or the other - something is seriously hosed. I've now got a
GENERIC file that looks like it belongs to 3.X (it has references to
wd0, wd1)

I'll post more once I've done the CVSdown to 4.0-STABLE.

-Bill