Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 13:09:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        conrads@neosoft.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Goodbye, FreeBSD!

> It makes me more than a little sad to have to announce this, but with
> my cable Internet connection soon to be installed, I've started
> updating my multimedia apps for Windows (even got the Win 98 upgrade
> pack!), so I can take advantage of all the new, rich, multimedia
> content the net now has to offer.

I think you'll find there are less clothes on this emperor than you
might have imagined, but good luck and have fun, etc. :)

> excited about it already.  Have already setup RealPlayer G2 and

The G2 for linux player works great under FreeBSD, BTW.  I'm using it
now.  Definitely an improvement, especially for video.  I can now watch
the CNN news reports in all their streaming glory.

> offers, but I certainly won't miss feeling like the orphaned
> stepchild all the time as I visit web sites whose content I'm unable
> to experience, and being envious of all those great apps that are
> available for other OSes.

I'm wondering what all these great apps are myself.  We have plenty
of Windows boxes at Walnut Creek CDROM and except for the occasional
demo from Sweden, I have yet to see any good apps for it that make
me want to switch.  Office 98?  No way! :-)

- Jordan