Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:32:38 -0400
From:      "George Morgan" <gemorga2@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loader, "3rd Stage"...

What is the purpose of the "Loader" in FreeBSD 3.x (I assume it
appeared first in 3.0???)

I have helped with several installs and the "loader" never seems to
be set up find the root slice...   I have reconfigured at least one of
those systems in the /boot.config file to use the second level boot
program to load from the correct location.

Are their plans to document the loader?  I plan to set up all
systems that I help install to use the second level boot program
since this is the only way I know how to do it..

Thank you for your time.

George Morgan
Virginia Tech
Electrical Engineering