Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:39:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Complete FreeBSD, 3rd edition (was: Printed man pages (was: Looking for the best webmaster.))

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Greg Lehey wrote:

> That's how the Second Edition got so big.  The First Edition didn't
> have so many long man pages.
>
> I think the better approach would be to consider a man pages book.  We
> had thought of this back in 1995, but we never got round to doing it.
> What do you people think?  The question isn't ``is it a good idea?'',
> it's ``would you buy one?''.
>
> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address, home page and phone numbers
> finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

I would buy a book or set of books (3 ring bound, possibly spiral :) )
containing the man pages (preferably all of them :) )  I would also be
interested in buying a complete nicely printed version of the handbook,
as well.  Oh... I'll be buying your 3rd edition book, too :)

If you're interested in other ideas, I'd like to see a good book
on getting started working with the FreeBSD source tree (like the Linux Kernel
Hacker's guide) I've got Mr. McKusick's wonderful red 4.4BSD book, but
it lacks a lot of FreeBSD specific material :)

[ licia@o-o.org ]  [ http://www.o-o.org/ ]  [ IrcNick : Licia ]
[ A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/           ]
[ Why crawl through windows when you can walk through a door? ]
[ This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services      ]