Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:56:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
Cc:        Bart van Leeuwen <bart@ixori.demon.nl>, Jean-Claude STAQUET <jcs@polyflow.be>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: allow access of root user

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, James Wyatt wrote:

> Some folks don't want to (or can't) install ssh clients on the machines
> they may have to connect from. Some don't know about cheap Windows
> clients. Some don't mind using the broken Windows telnet client. - Jy@

Actually, if I recall correctly, there are some Java applet ssh clients
out there now.  I haven't personally tried them, but I imagine they're
probably more useable than the windows telnet client in any case.  Perhaps
once the RSA patent clears they can become more widespread in use.

(And actually, for web hosting firms, it would probably be easier to tell
customers to go to http://www.bigwebplace.com/login/ rather than trying to
explain how to run telnet.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack