Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 19:22:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: video corruption with FPS and vic/brooktree

> Tnks your tip helps. It means that the initialization sequence for
> frame rate control is not correct.
>
> There is also the nice e-mail from brooktree which further elaborates
> on frame rate control and it also includes a pointer to the
> Bt848 databook.

if you have time to work on this (unfortunately I don't)
I have verified on all the three cards I have that interrupts
from the card are not delivered to the application because the tests on
bt848->dstatus always return something set.

Although i might have some broken PCI implementation (or bad
interactions with other PCI peripherals), I am currently running the
driver by IGNORING the following bits:

    BT848_INT_FBUS | BT848_INT_FTRGT  | BT848_INT_FDSR | BT848_INT_PPERR

I am also skipping the following test:

	((bt848->tdec == 0) && (bktr_status & TDEC_BITS))

whatever it means... i don't have time to investigate things, but in
this way, and using PAL, fxtv works much more reliably, it does
clipping, and does not show only half of the lines when switching to
high res (I suspect a lot of actions in fxtv are triggered by
interrupts)

Just a data point, I am afraid i cannot do more detailed testing.

	cheers
	luigi