Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Omnibook 800CT

Hi,

Is there anyone out there using FreeBSD 4-stable on an HP Omnibook
800CT?  I'm trying to install it on one but the pccard controller
doesn't seem to be able to find the Ethernet card (3Com 574TX, which
is in the list of supported cards for 4.1.1).

I tried IRQs 3, 10, 11 and 15.  I also tied the 3.5.1-PAO boot floppy
but it can't find the card either.

One thing though, the Windows resource manager tells me that the
PC-CARD controller is sitting on IRQ 11/15 and memory address
0xc8000-8fff and 0xc9000-c9fff.  The boot floppies (both 4.1.1 and
3.5.1-PAO) don't offer that as a choice.  Could that be a problem?

I searched the mailing lists but couldn't find any info on the 800CT.
I saw people using 800 and 800CS, but their suggestions (disable
audio) don't seem to apply.  Unlike the 800CS whose audio chip uses
two IRQs (5 and 11), the 800CT only uses one (5), and it is not
disablable from the BIOS either.

Thanks,
Satoshi