Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:11:37 -0200
From:      "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <gpt@tirloni.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_tun

--M9pltayyoy9lWEMH

* Ivan Voras (ivoras@fer.hr) wrote:
> If I understand correctly, loading if_tun.ko should make /dev/tun entry
> appear. But 'kldload if_tun' on 5.2RC1 writes following errors:

 It shouldn't. Those interfaces are created on demand. When you unload
 the module they are removed. If you've compiled it into your kernel
 they can't be removed.

> module_register: module if_tun already exists!
> Module iff_tun failed to register: 17
> can't re-use a leaf (if_tun_debug)!
>=20
> Subsequent 'kldstat' invocations show that if_tun.ko is loaded, but there=
 is
> no /dev/tun.

 It seems you already have tun compiled in (device tun).

 --
 Giovanni P. Tirloni <gpt at tirloni.org>
 Fingerprint: 8C3F BEC5 79BD 3E9B EDB8  72F4 16E8 BA5E D031 5C26

--M9pltayyoy9lWEMH

--M9pltayyoy9lWEMH--