Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:14:26 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RELENG CVS syncronization question

I was just syncing my /usr/src using cvs to get today's security
updates to 4.8, and I noticed that if I use

cvsup3.FreeBSD.org

I get one version of the files, which appears to be 4.8p5.  But, if I
use

cvsup4.FreeBSD.org

I get a different versions of the files, which appears to be 4.8p8,
which is what I want.  My questions is, how do I know I've actually got
4.8p8?  The only way I know to check is to read /usr/src/UPDATING, but
how do I know I've got all the right files?  Can I assume that if
UPDATING says its a particular version, then my source is indeed
current with that version?

Thanks...

--
Mark Edwards