Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:05:41 -0500
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a21p madness continues--odd thinkpad bios settings needed?

After doing fine all through yesterday, two more of the mysterious
crashes today.

These are *always* preceded by the cd spinning up for no explainable
reason. However, phyically removing it, disabling it in the bios, and
disabling it in the kernel all fail to solve the problem.

I have eliminated the memory chips as a candidate, as it occurs with
both dimms and with each individually.

It happens under both bsd & windows.

some days it has no problems, and others many.

It is warmer today than yesterday (which was fine),and the laptop
subjectively seems warmer than it used to on my lap.

I vaguely remember something about funny power settings on thinkpads in
the bios.  Does this ring any bells for anyone?

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail