Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:57:10 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable List <stable@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-desktop@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb printer vs cups

There are a couple of similar issues currently.  The other one that =
comes to mind is that every X11 application that needs to use OpenGL (or =
similar) must open /dev/dri/{something}, but the default permissions =
only permit root.

The correct solution is probably to ship a devfs.conf that puts these =
devices in the a sensible group.  For USB printers, we should probably =
have a printers group and make cupsd run with that group (or set the GUI =
of cups and printers to the same number if that's too difficult). =20

David