Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 13:52:33 +0000 ()
From:      Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mother.sneaker.net.au>
To:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        jamie@itribe.net, aledm@routers.co.uk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTN Emacs users; new Zile release

Anyone out there use jove?

It's a lightweight emacs clone, without the lisp compiler.
Comes with an interactive tutorial. I use it when I don't have X access
or when I want to make a quick edit.

It might be possible to alter jove to suit the FreeBSD requirements
(whatever they might be) rather than re-invent several wheels.

So far I can see

a) Needs a help window displaying the common keybindings
b) Needs to be small
c) Shouldn't be as modal as vi

without starting an editor jihad, we should probably determine what
the requirements are for the editor in general terms.

--
  ,-_|\  SneakerNet       |     Andrew Milton    |    GSM: +61(41)6 022 411
 /     \ P.O. Box 154     |  akm@sneaker.net.au  |    Fax: +61(2) 9746 8233