Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:03:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   calcru: negative time??  What's this?

I've been noticing some strange behavior from my machine lately - I'm
hoping someone can tell me what's going on.

Lately, for no apparent reason the machine's response time has been
slowing _way_ down.  It's only noticable from the 'user' end of things,
compiling a program for example doesn't seem to take any longer than it
should.  I _think_ that the problem starts when I fire up X, although I
can't really be sure.  Anyhow, one thing that I can be sure of is that
this kernel warning appears when the problem starts:

	calcru: negative time: -14646791 usec
	calcru: negative time: -14689113 usec
 	calcru: negative time: -14670125 usec
	calcru: negative time: -29314201 usec
	calcru: negative time: -14392237 usec
	calcru: negative time: 1683880051 usec
	calcru: negative time: 2081887663 usec
	calcru: negative time: -14686921 usec
	calcru: negative time: -14681498 usec
	calcru: negative time: -14686553 usec

So I ask those who might know - What's going on here?

This is FreeBSD 2.2.X-Stable - PII/233 - 2 IDE drives - Diamond FireGL
1000 Pro AGP video -

-
- Failure isn't getting knocked down - Failure is not getting back up.
-