Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 98 09:05:35 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        dima@phix.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ed0: device timeout

Hello,

I used to get the same message until I plugged a real cable into the BNC
plug.
Another cause for this message is the misconfiguration of IRQ/DMA : check
that the IRQ/DMA/port parameters probed during boot-up (output of
'dmesg') are the same as the ones you have in your kernel.

Does your card actually work (ie : can you ping another host ?)

	Hpoes that helps

	TfH