Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 07:33:56 -0400
From:      Peter Pawelek <ppawel@axess.com>
To:        "Stevan S." <sjsan@bga.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do people on the list use FreeBSD for?

Stevan S. wrote:

> This might sound funny but I really don't have a use for FreeBSD yet.  This
> is my first time installing an OS that I'm not familiar with, but with
> independent learning I hope to gain valuable experience of the unix world.
> To get a peek of what system administors encounter on a day to day basis.

Well, if you don't know programming, FreeBSD (like Linux) is a perfect
development environment. You have all the tools to write great C/C++
programs (or just about any other language you can think of), and the
best part is that if you were to buy all of the equivalent tools under
Win95 it could cost you thousands of dollars!

There, how's that for a suggestion?  ;)

Peter Pawelek (ppawel@axess.com)