Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 14:24:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sourav Ghosh <sourav@modern.art.cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with ppp

Hello,

I am having problems with ppp in FreeBSD (2.2.6).  Over ppp, I cannot
telnet or ftp to other FreeBSD machines.  It does connect but the
login prompt never appears and then it closes the connection after
some time.

I have no problems telneting/ftping to other unix machines (solaris,
digital, Aix etc.).  What could be reason behind this?

Over netscape, I cannot connect to some sites including
www.freebsd.org.  It gives a timeout after some time. I don't know
whether there is any possible relations between these two problems.

Thanks.

--
Sourav