Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:24:40 +0100
From:      Haider Roland <r.haider@liwest.at>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP over Ethernet, the Server-Side?

Hi,
we are a xDSL provider, that is granting its customers
the luxury of manualy entered static IP-addresses.

However administrating static routes is impossibile and
dynamic is a problem due to abuse.
In many cases only because of the incompetence of
"network-consultants" our customers hire.

So to reduce troubleshooting time we want to implement
some authentication system.
Therefore the question:
Has anybody expirience with such a configuration
and is willing to share it with me?
What software/hardware for PPPoE is capeable of
handling full FastEthernet speed?

Thanks in advance,

Roland