Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:10:26 -0500
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB-to-SCSI converter

* Chris Dillon (cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us) [001113 08:22]:

> Since you can select the LUN and not the ID, maybe they've mapped SCSI
> ID0:LUN0 to ID0:LUN0 (duh), ID1:LUN0 to ID0:LUN1, ID2:LUN0 to
> ID0:LUN2, and so on, which would explain why we only see a device at
> ID0:LUN0 if we aren't looking at the remaining LUNs (are we?).  This
> would mean that you can't use multi-LUN devices with the USB-SCSI
> converter, but that is much more acceptable than only being able to
> use ID0 with it.

I think this is what they do, as my test with a multi-LUN CD changer which
works find as a SCSI device only shows up as one CD-ROM under both Windows
and BSD.  Time to hit up Microtech support to see if they'll at least admit
that this is what their driver does.  The question then is if we are to
implement this kind of ID-to-LUN mapping in the umass driver, what do we
predicate that behaviour on ?

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0452