Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:38:41 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        "Long, Scott" <Scott_Long@adaptec.com>
Cc:        "scsi@freebsd.org" <scsi@freebsd.org>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Dell RAID PERC (ADAPTEC) 3si.

Quoting "Long, Scott" <Scott_Long@adaptec.com>:

 | The PERC3/si on the 2450 is Adaptec, not AMI, and uses the aac driver.
 | There is a freely downloadable (though not Open Source) management
 | tool for FreeBSD, available directly from Adaptec.  Try:
 |
 | http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=/Prod
 | uct/ASR-5400S&filekey=5400s_fbsd_cli_v10.zip

Scott,

! ! A W E S O M E ! ! Seems to work fine.  I haven't done more than just
basic checking of the container but that is what I actually need it for.

 | If that doesn't work, navigate the Adaptec website to the Download
 | section for the 5400S controller card, and you'll find it there.  It
 | claims to only support the 5400S, but it will work for nearly any
 | aac-based card.  It was compiled on a machine under my desk, so
 | please feel free to contact me with any questions that you have.

Thanks, if I can't figure it out I will.  Up until now the help seems
intuitive enough although I haven't looked at rebuilding a raid 10
disk hot but I'm sure it's there.  It seems quite complete.

Thanks again,

ed