Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2014 13:23:23 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Struggling mightily with port updates

I upgraded two systems to 8.4 and ran portmaster -ad to update all ports.

Most of it worked fine, but I'm in docbook hell now. I also don't
understand this:

===>>> All >> (6)

===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
	Upgrade en-freebsd-doc-43251,1 to en-freebsd-doc-44807,1
	Re-install ruby-1.9.3.484_2,1
	Install textproc/docbook-xml
	Install www/mod_authnz_external22
	Re-install docproj-2.0_2
	Install print/ghostscript9

===>>> Proceed? y/n [y]

I just upgraded ruby:

===>>> The following actions were performed:
	Re-installation of ruby-1.9.3.484_2,1
	Re-installation of ruby19-bdb-0.6.6_3
	Re-installation of ruby19-date2-4.0.19

So why does portmaster want to reinstall it?

Is there a way to dump all the docbook stuff?  It's a royal PITA.

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst