Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 13:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Dale Walker - Manager <dale@icr.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wy60 attached printer

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Dale Walker - Manager wrote:

> I want to set up a wyse60 terminal on a FreeBSD box to do local printing
> (ie. via the aux port on the terminal)....

That's amazing, I just bought one of these the other day at the local
goodwill.    You wouldn't happen to have a manual, would you?

> I am currently using this as an interface file:
> ------------------------------------
> local:\
>         :sh:if=/usr/local/libexec/lprint.sh:\
>         :lp=/dev/ttyd1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/local:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
>

> however, it doesn't seem to work... The jobs queue OK, but don't go
> through to the terminal/printer......

I bet that lpd doesn't have permissions to write to your terminal while
you're logged in.  Try catting the file to print directly through the
script from the command line so the output goes to the display.  When the
terminal sees the printer on escape char it should output to the printer.

Also check the AUX serial port settings in the terminal setup and make
sure your printer matches up.