Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:44:22 +0100
From:      David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems connecting locally

Hi,
after updating my -CURRENT today (sun dec 15) I can no longer connect to =
my=20
local cvs and sshd.
cvs returns:

Connection closed by 217.208.105.23
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if =
any)

and ssh returns:

Connection closed by 217.208.105.23

Both these worked flawlessly before the update, the previous version I wa=
s=20
running on was about 2 weeks old.=20
The thing is, if I try to connect from remote I have no problems accessin=
g=20
both cvs and ssh. And apache seems unaffected, I can access my webserver =
both=20
locally and remotely.

I have not modified my fiewall since the upgrade, but just in case, it lo=
oks=20
like this:

00050 divert 8668 ip from any to any via rl0
00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
00300 deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
01050 deny ip from any to any dst-port 139 via rl0
01100 deny ip from any to any dst-port 587 via rl0
01150 deny ip from any to any dst-port 783 via rl0
01200 deny ip from any to any dst-port 901 via rl0
01250 deny ip from any to any dst-port 1024 via rl0
65000 allow ip from any to any
65535 deny ip from any to any

//David Holm