Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Amergin <amergin@wwa.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCM100

Okay, first thanks to those who have already offered their adice.

On some sound advice I mounted mfsroot on another machine to look at the
pccard.conf and now I am doubly confused. My card, the PCM100, is LISTED.

#Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Integrated PC Card (PCM100)
card "Linksys" "Etherfast 10/100 Integrated PC Card (PCM100)"
	config	auto "ed" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

Okay, then why isn't recognized?

Here is what happens on install.

The Linksys card does not have linklight on startup.

After entering the Visual Kernel config I remove the conflicting network
cards. However all that are listed are:

	IBM EtherJet, CS*9x)-based Ethernet adapters
	NE1000, NE2000, 3C503, WD/SMC80xx Ethernet adapters
	Fujitsu MD86960A/MD869685A Ethernet adapters
	AT&T Starlan 10 and EN100, 3c507, NI5210 Ethernet adapters
	DEC Etherworks 2 and 3 Ethernet adapters
	Isolan, Novell NE2100/NE32-VL Ethernet adapters
	SMC/Megahertz Ethernet adapters

After saving the parameters and exiting, the probe finds the pc-card
apparently cause I get linklight then.

I am told that the PC-card slor is found and wants to know if it wants to
be the installation media. I choose yes. and go through the basic
configuration...

after then going through basic choices, disk label etc, I choose FTP
Passive as installation media.

And my options now to use are only SLIP or PPP.

What is up? AM I missing somehting obvious? I could just cheat and find
some CD's but it is now a matter of pride. I must get this working. I
bought this nic specifically this installtion since my cardbus nics are
not supported.

Again, this is 4.1 current.

Thanks again for any leads...

{snip}