Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:03:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        osa@etrust.ru
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Quake-client on FreeBSD-3.0 ??

On 23-Sep-98 Сергей Осокин wrote:
>  Quake-client on FreeBSD-3.0 ???
>  Does it possible ?
>  As I know, FreeBSD have a problem with some gamez ...
Yes, I have done it for Quake 1 & 2..
I'd point you to my web page, but my gateway machine is not working (which holds all my web
pages...)

Basically you have to have the emulators/linux_lib port, and then load the linux
emulator.
You have to get the Linux client for Quake 1 & 2..
Which one you get depends on what hardware you have.
I have a 3dfx card, so I had to install the Glide libs for Linux, and get the gl quake client.
You can use the X11 client, with no problems tho.

If I get my server up, the check out http://www.dons.net.au/~darius/quake/
(That won't happen until the weekend tho)

I'll send you an archive of my Quake web page seperatly (its too large to send to the list)