Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:07:29 +1000
From:      "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing AMAVIS virus scanner

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully installed the amavis-perl port  on FreeBSD 4.2 ?

Did it install straight from the ports directory or did you need to
reconfigure it to get it to work?

I am trying to install Amavis on a fresh install of Freebsd 4.2 and I have
gone throught the readme's etc and checked my setttings and they all seem
ok.   The problem is that as soon as I send a message to the mail server
after killing the PID for sendmail the system repeatedly keeps opening
multiple perl sessions until the server runs out od swap space and  sendmail
is killed off

Any suggestions would be appreciated

TIA

Tim