Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:57:22 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: per-user directories for obexapp-server

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Mikhail T. <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was able to set up the Bluetooth-server on my main machine, but all of
> the pushed files (Object Pushed) end up in the same root-only
> directory... Is there, perhaps, a way to specify a different directory
> for each device-ID (bdaddr)?

not at the moment, no.

> This way my wife and myself could have our own locations (under
> home-directories somewhere) for pictures and phonebook backups...
> Please, advise. Thanks! Yours,
>
>    -mi
>
> P.S. Maybe, the hcsecd.conf's syntax can be extended to (optionally)
> provide the username associated with each listed device?

technically, nothing prevents you from running 2 or more instances of
obexapp on different rfcomm channels. each instance would use
different root directory. this way each of you can use service on
different rfcomm channel to push data into appropriate root directory.

i guess its possible to teach obexapp about mapping between client's
bdaddr and root directory. ideally, of course, what we want it to have
credentials passed over obex connection so the server knows exactly
who is talking to it, but that, of course, will likely never happen :)

thanks,
max