Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 07:46:42 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

I forgot to add that I'm not seeing any of this with the PIII's that I have
running current and usually updated daily.

This may not help much unless there is some common ground to be found.
I have been having problems with my old K6-2 300Mhz laptop hanging in X with
linux-communicator.  From there I have not been able to get any debugging info.
Last night I did a power off/on reset and went to bed.  This morning I had
a login with a nice bold "kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled" that
happened a couple of hours later after cvsuping and initiating a make world.

I'm going to see if I can get it to do it again although I was able to do a
make world and kernel yesterday with no problem.  The only problem that I was
able to see before was with X and netscape.

ed