Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:32:07 -0500
From:      "Matthew Koivisto" <mkoivist@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multiple kernels

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09134.466D77C0

Hi, I'm fairly new to freeBSD and I'm currently running a system with
freeBSD 4.1 - RELEASE. I would like to upgrade to freeBSD 4.2 - RELEASE but
I would also like to keep my old 4.1 kernel around. Is it possible to use
the kernel boot loader to run different kernel versions like this? Or is the
kernel boot loader just for loading kernels built with different options and
not versions?

Thnx,
Matt Koivisto

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09134.466D77C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>Multiple kernels</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi, I'm =
fairly new to freeBSD and I'm currently running a system with freeBSD =
4.1 - RELEASE. I would like to upgrade to freeBSD 4.2 - RELEASE but I =
would also like to keep my old 4.1 kernel around. Is it possible to use =
the kernel boot loader to run different kernel versions like this? Or =
is the kernel boot loader just for loading kernels built with different =
options and not versions?</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Thnx,</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Matt =
Koivisto</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C09134.466D77C0--