Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:13:53 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: df problems ?

Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> Folks,

> I have dual boot machine with -STABLE and -CURRENT (both have own
> boot slices and few slices are shared between them.)

I don't know all the details, but -CURRENT recently changed the way
information is recorded in the superblock.  The first copy of the
superblock will be different between -CURRENT and -STABLE.

Any partitions that are shared between -STABLE and -CURRENT
must be fsck'd before use on the opposite system.  The fsck was
changed in -STABLE to look for the difference and correct it
without getting confused.