Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:13:51 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        Wiliam Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        FBSD_QUESTIONS <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FBSD_CURRENT <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pgcc-1.1.1

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Wiliam Woods wrote:

> Anyone here useing pgcc-1.1.1 as their compiler of choice, to replace gcc? I
> have been debating playing with this on my "spare" system.
> Any reports from someone useing this, good or bad?

Not sure if I'd like to replace gcc, especially for kernel, but I'm using
pgcc (both C, and C++, and g77) for userland here, mostly as a matter of
speed-up (yep, I know that's not what egcs is intended for, but all the
same some of us need fast code). Works fine. Only question: does anybody
know why Linux cross-compiled (within emulation) code runs _much_ faster?

> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Regards,
Vladimir