Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:17:57 +0200 (CDT)
From:      Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getting audio to work

I have a Dell Optiplex GXa with Crystal chips audio. I am trying to get
audio to work. I rebuilt the kernel with:

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr

$ dmesg | tail
sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>

$ date > /dev/pcaudio
bash: /dev/pcaudio: Device not configured

$ ls -l sb*
ls: sb*: No such file or directory

What is the name of the audio device. Is there a simple way to test
whether the audio device is working or not. Any suggestions?

	rvdp