Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:25:41 -0400
From:      "Terry Rossi" <tpr@pics.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   URGENT HELP PLEASE Scripts No Longer Working

I have upgraded (via cvs ) to 3.5 STABLE and shortly there after one of my
systems was hacked via a buffer overflow in the popper program.  Not I have
noticed that serveral scripts that have been in place for a long time do not
run and produce syntax errors.  For example, the standard periodic script
produces :

$ periodic
[: not found
[: not found
[: not found
usage: basename string [suffix]
[: not found
Subject: picspc01.pics.com  run output

This is a /bin/sh script I have recomplied and made a new copy of sh but
that didn't appear to correct the problem.  Any ideas on what could be wrong
here would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry
tpr@pics.com