Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:19:16 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Michael Richards <miker@scifair.acadiau.ca>
To:        Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copying many files at once

Ugh.
I guess I forgot to mention that they are small files, but 60,000 of them
add up. There are about 4 gigs of files. I ended up piping ls through a
series of awk and grep to give myself a shell script that moved them over
in small enough chunks...
Someone mentioned xargs, a proggie I forgot about from my old linux days!
A little know solution. Now that I don't have a failing hard drive worth
of files to deal with...
-Mike