Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 16:56:05 -0700
From:      "David B. Alder" <dbalder@unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't load FreeBSD from a DOS partition!

Hi,
I can't install FreeBSD from a DOS partition and I was wondering if you
guys had any idea what was happening.  I followed the instructions in the
README file which said to put all the installation folders into a folder
called "FREEBSD".  I wonder, does it have to be in all caps?  Mine isn't.
Anyway, the actual error message, after I get to the point in the
installation where you select the installation media type is the following:

		Error mounting /dev/wd0s2 on /dos:  Invalid arguement (22)
			[Press enter to continue]

After I press enter, I get the following:

		Can't find a kernel image to link to on the root file system!
		Your going to have a hard time getting this system to boot from
		the hard drive I'm afraid!

What's going on?  I've had Linux on here before and I have had no problems
booting from the hard drive.  Do I just need to install from a cd?  I would
rather not have to buy one.  I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
David Alder