Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 21:42:05 -0600
From:      Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Short summary

	While it will be true that the tree will be broken sometimes
I personally believe that in general it has to be kept running.
You might not want to use it for any real work. The reason being
that these changes are way to big to debug all at once.

Chuck

}
}I think it's also fair to say that we'd be willing to accept a certain
}period of outright breakage in FreeBSD-current if it gets us to the
}right place, e.g. a painless transition is not necessarily the goal so
}much as getting things done right.  We've gone through similar periods
}with -current in the past and nobody had too much difficultly with the
}concept provided that we ANNOUNCED it well in advance and told the
}cvsuppers to basically turn their cron jobs off or elect not to try
}and build the world until the tree was declared safe again.
}