Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:32:05 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound card that works?

Vulpes Velox wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:03:53 -0700
>Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> wrote:
>

>>I need to buy 30 soundcards that can be accessed from FreeBSD
>>does someone know of a currently available basic sound card
>>(an original soundblaster would do if I could still get them) that
>>has good support from freeBSD. I guess full duplex would be
>>a requirement but anything that can do that..
>>

>check out the emu10k1 driver
>
>you may want to look into OSS as well

Anything that's compatible with the csa freebsd driver is good to get
(cs42xx/cs46xx compatible in ALSA/OSS). Some cards are of course the
older soundblasters, as well as the turtle beach cards (made by
Voyetra). As suggested before, there're also the SB Live! (emu10k1)
cards which are fairly universally supported as well.
-Garrett