Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:00:53 GMT
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/71887: [kbd] Losing keyboard after plugging a bluetooth usb dongle

The following reply was made to PR kern/71887; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To: Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
	Maksim Yevmenkin <emax@freebsd.org>, sthommerel@osiatis.com,
	freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:59:34 -0800

 Brooks,

 > The fact that:
 >
 > > Removing the USB dongle at this point causes a kernel panic.
 >
 > is presumably either a USB or bluetooth problem (I'd bet on USB).  It

 i would think this is a usb related problem. i doubt it is a bluetooth
 problem because none of the bluetooth related modules were involved.

 > would be nice to know if that still happens.  Hopefully it was fixed in
 > all the recent USB fixes.

 indeed. the system should not crash when usb device is unplugged.

 thanks,
 max