Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 10:13:43 +0530
From:      Dinesh Pal <pdinesh@opentech.stpn.soft.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.0 problems

 Hello,

This message was posted few monthe ago but due to some reasons I could
not read the sugesstions.

I have a FreeBSD 2.1.0 which is working as a gateway between our network
and our ISP .

 It has two Network Interface cards.

 1.  Very frequently it igives following error message if I do a ping
      to any system on my internal network. Ping works ok to any system
     in outside world. We also can not ping this system from any local
     machine.

   " ping send to: no buffer space available."

 2. System also reports " ix.cx.excesscoll" frequently on the console.

One of the network card also give timeout intermittently.

Please advice on how to resolve this.

 Thanks in advance.

 Dinesh Pal
 System Administartor