Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        FBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Manually setting 'dc0' to half-duplex ?

Hello Family,
	I've been fishing around for the file to set my NIC to
half-duplex from full-duplex. Can anyone offer any pointers ?

	I reinstalled FBSD and this time used the 4.1 CD I received
at LinuxWorld and it saw my card just as OBSD did, which was 'dc0'
versus 'pn0' as FBSD-3.4 did, I feel I making some progress here
with the 'network trickle' problem.

	The card is set to 'auto' in the /etc/defaults/rc.conf file
and I won't go into the error I received when I took out the 'auto'
and put in '10baseT/UTP' as I misread in haste in the manpage.

	I had to mention that for I'm a firm believer that one
cannot "Save face and ass at the same time." (thanks)

--
Bill Schoolcraft           http://wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076	        San Francisco, CA 94121

       " saevis tranquillus in undis "