Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:32:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Spengler <mks@networkcs.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        jlemon@americantv.com, brian@Awfulhak.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: The if_detach problem

Warner Losh said:
> In message <19991214160454.26093@right.PCS> Jonathan Lemon writes:
> : Loadable device drivers.  I ran into this last week or so when
> : unloading a driver I'm developing; if I don't do an 'ifconfig xxx delete'
> : before the kldunoad, I get a panic.
>
> That's basically what I want to do in the kernel when a driver calls
> if_detach().

The ATM code has support for detaching ATM network interfaces - it was
originally written for SunOS 4.x LKMs.  It is able to dynamically attach and
detach interfaces via user configuration command.  The code, ported to FreeBSD
before if_detach() was added, is at sys/netatm/atm_if.c:atm_nif_detach().

--
Mike Spengler				Network Computing Services, Inc.
Email: mks@networkcs.com		1200 Washington Ave. So.